Google Drive is a cloud storage service from Google. Google Drive is the best cloud storage option available to users looking for an online cloud backup. Google offers you 5GB of free storage space, which is pretty useful to backup photos, videos and documents. You can upgrade your free 5 GB account to a paid monthly subscription plan for more storage space. Google Drive offers 100GB space for $1.99/month and 30TB space for $299.99/month.
Google drive allows you to manually download photos to a different location on your computer. The maximum download file size is 2 GB. If the file is larger than 2 GB, you will see a message with list of files that are not included in the zip file. You can backup your Google Drive photos to Picasa from your computer.
Here are the steps to backup photos from Google Drive to Picasa (from your computer):
- Go to https://drive.google.com & sign in to your account.
- Once you have signed into your account, Click the checkbox(es) next to the photos which you want to download.
- "Right click" the selected photos, select "Download" option.
- Your browser prompts you to save .zip file, then click "Save" and specify a location to download. The downloaded zip file will contain the photos from the Google Drive.
- Go to https://picasaweb.google.com/ & sign in to your account.
- Once you have signed into your account, click "Upload" button located at top of the window.
- A pop-up window "Upload Photos and Videos" opens up.
- You will see 2 options, "Create a new album" or "Add to an existing album".
- Select any one of the above 2 options.
- Click "Select photos from your computer".
- "File upload" window opens up. Browse & select photos that you want to upload.
- Click "Ok" or if you want upload more photos then click "Upload more" located at bottom right of the window.
- You have another option to upload photos i.e "Drag-and-drop". Here you can simply drag your photos directly from your computer to a location in your Picasa Web Albums.
You can install PicBackMan's Picasa uploader for Mac from the website and start backing up photos and videos.