Picasa is a Google's tool which is used for managing image files. Picasa web is an integrated photo sharing website which is used to backup photos and videos. It allows you to upload full resolution photos to Picasa web albums where you have 1GB of free storage space. Picasa has a search bar and it helps you to search by filename, caption, folder name, tags and other metadata. Uploading photos from your Mac to your Picasa web account is easy. In just few steps you can easily save & backup photos to Picasa web.
Following are the steps to Upload Photos from Mac to Picasa Web:
- Go to https://picasaweb.google.com/ & sign in to your account. If you don't have an account, then create one.
- Click "Upload" button located at top of the window.
- A "Upload Photos and Videos" window opens up.
- You will see 2 options, "Create a new album" or "Add to an existing album".
- Select any one of the above 2 options.
- Click "Select photos from your computer".
- A "File upload" window opens up. Browse & select photos which you want to upload.
- Click "Ok" button.
- If you want to upload more photos then click "Upload more" button located at bottom right of the window.
- You have another option to upload the photos i.e "Drag-and-drop". Here you can simply drag your photos directly from your Mac to a location in your Picasa web account.
You can install PicBackMan's Picasa uploader for Mac from the website and start backing up photos and videos.