Picasa is a digital photo & video organizer designed to organize and edit digital photos and videos. When importing photos and videos, you can set your import preferences to use Picasa automatically. In Windows XP, your default import setting must be adjusted on a device by device basis. Picasa also allows you to import photos from external devices. If you are looking for a step by step process to automatically import photos to Picasa from Windows XP, read on.
Following are the steps to Automatically Import Photos from Windows XP to Picasa:
1. Go to https://picasaweb.google.com/ & sign in to your account. If you don't have an account, then create one.
2. Download & install "Picasa Desktop Application" on your Windows XP & launch it.
3. Connect the import device (your camera or card reader) to your computer.
4. Double-click "My Computer" on your computer desktop.
5. Right-click the listing of your import device.
6. Select "Properties".
7. Click "Autoplay" tab.
8. Select "Pictures" from the content drop-down menu.
9. You will see 2 options.
a) Select an action to perform: Select an application to handle import by default each time photos are detected on the specific piece of hardware.
b) Prompt me each time to choose an action: Choose an import application each time you attach your hardware.
10. Select any ('a' or 'b') one of the options listed above.
11. Click "Apply" button.
12. Click "Ok" button.
13. All your photos will now be automatically imported to Picasa.
You can install PicBackMan's Picasa uploader for Mac
from the website and start backing up photos and videos.