Instagram is a popular mobile photo & video sharing service that was launched in October 2010. There are so many free online photo editors are available online which allows you to apply filters & effects to your photos. Instagram is a best way to enhance your ordinary photos online. It allows you to take a photo, crop, edit, apply digital filters and effects to your photos. Once you have taken a photo or selected one from your phone's photo album / gallery, you can edit it by applying effects. Instagram offers you an array of 10 photo effects to choose from. Some of the photo effects are listed below.
Here are the steps to Apply Effects to Photo on Instagram:
- Go to http://instagram.com/ & sign in to your account. If you don't have an account, then create one.
- Download "Instagram App" on your phone from the Play store & launch it.
- Open "Instagram app" on your phone.
- Tap 'Camera' icon located at the bottom on the screen & click the photo. Or tap the box in the bottom-left corner to go to your phone's photo album or gallery.
- Select the photo to apply effects.
- Crop your photo & tap "Right arrow" button located at top right corner on the screen.
- Tap "Tools" icon located at the top on the screen to open up photo-editing tools.
- Tap "Brightness" to make your photo brighter or darker.
- Tap "Contrast" to make the bright areas of your photo brighter and the dark areas darker.
- Tap "Warmth" to shift the colors of your photo towards warmer orange tones or cooler blue tones.
- Tap "Saturation" to increase or decrease the color intensity of the image.
- Tap "Highlights" to adjust the focus on the bright areas of the image.
- Tap "Shadows" to adjust focus on the dark areas of the image.
- Tap "Vignette" to darken the edges of the photo. Adding a vignette can direct the attention away from the edges towards the center of the photo.
- Tap "Sharpen" to add crispness to your photo and make the photo appear clearer.
- Tap "Check mark" button to save your change.
- Tap "Next" button. Add a caption and location to share your photo on Instagram.