What are the requirements when you are invited to click pictures of a woman… when she is pregnant and about-to-pop (well almost). Here are some useful tips that you can bank on while going to click pictures for a soon-to-be mom.
1. You have your main equipment (your camera) ready. Make sure that you have more than the required amount of batteries (well just in case) as well as some extra memory cards. And don’t forget to take that tripod before you leave for the shoot.
2. Sometimes you will be able to click pictures soon enough, say in an hour, if you are lucky. But if it takes longer than that make sure your client (mom-to-be) does not end up with stooping shoulders in the pictures. Pregnancy shifts the center of gravity of a woman and it is tough for the mom-to-be to maintain her posture throughout the shoot. Make sure she is comfortable and gently remind her to straighten her shoulders during the shoot.
3. If you are planning to have the maternity photo shoot from your client’s home, choose a room where the mom-to-be is comfortable like the living room, bedroom, or even the nursery. Try to click some curvy silhouette pictures of the soon-to-be mom standing against a backlit window.
4. Try to divide your shots into three angles: First, from a little above the top of the mom-to-be’s head till her knees. Second, from the top of her head to just below her growing bump, and the third just her bump with her hands cradling her belly. Try and take profile shots in the angles mentioned above and with different lighting for a variety of pictures. These angles are a boon when you or the mom-to-be are running short of time.
5. The key to great looking pictures is to shoot the mom-to-be when she is relaxed. Instead of asking her to look at the lens and smile for every picture, ask her to close her eyes, think about the life growing within her and cradle or look at her belly. There is an instant connect when the mom-to-be imagines her growing baby, and you ending up clicking some natural pictures!
Automate backup & migration of your photos & videos with support for all top services.
Trusted by users in 125+ countries.
“Your pictures are scattered. PicBackMan helps you bring order to your digital memories.”