Parents seldom realize that after a fun-filled holiday, a child’s first day back to school is an emotional phase and can be a great idea for photographs. In all the frenzy surrounding the big task – getting ready for a new year in school, parents forget that bringing out the camera on this occasion will give them a whole treasure of pictures with emotions and expressions.
So what are the various ways in which you can shoot this momentous time in your child’s life? Involve the kid into shooting fun pictures and you will be amazed how the mood of the day quickly changes. Here are a few photography ideas that parents can explore.
1. This one is a no-brainer. Extremely easy way to depict the excitement of your kid on going back to school is for him/her to hold a printout with the grade printed on it.
2. Rarely will you find children excited about going back to school after a fun-filled vacation. But on the other hand, it is a much-awaited moment for the parents as they look forward to getting back into the daily routine of work and home chores without kids’ interruption. So capture these contrasting emotions, in an animated photoshoot. Get the parents to show the relief and joy, while children’s expressions can convey dismay while looking at a pile of books.
3. Pinterest has loads of creative ideas on how to go about shooting a back-to-school picture. But one setting keeps repeating itself, the classic books-and-apple pose. Carrying an apple to school is a traditional western snack which kids take to school with them. What they carry in their lunch boxes will obviously differ with community and country, so try to capture the contents of the tiffin box on the first day of the school.
4. Get some humorous shots. This would be super easy as kids are always so expressive, that getting them to pose for such pictures is something they would immensely enjoy. You can try the bewildered pose – where the child is reading his new books with a “I understand nothing” look on his face. Or go for some action-packed pictures, like running after the school bus as they get late for it.
5. Plain simple portraits of the kids while going to school is another great way of capturing the mood of the moment. The initial dread of going back to school gets quickly replaced when children meet their friends after a long vacation. That joy is what your DSLR should capture and portrait form of photography will bring those expressions into sharp focus.
Automate backup & migration of your photos & videos with support for all top services.
Trusted by users in 125+ countries.
“Your pictures are scattered. PicBackMan helps you bring order to your digital memories.”