Infants grow at this break-neck speed which never ceases to amaze their parents. Especially a mother, who is with the baby practically 24x7 but can still make out the tiniest growth in the baby's fingernail.
Motherhood can be a busy time, but that is no reason why you shouldn't keep your camera handy to either record baby's activities or simply play around with photo projects involving the little one. One such project is chronicling baby's monthly growth in a way that makes photography a helpful distraction during the hectic days.
What are the best ways in which you can showcase your baby's growth each month over a period of one year? Here are some simple ideas which would not only be a much-needed activity for busy mothers, but will also bring a smile on every face when they see the adorable collection.
1. A simple yet effective trick is to record your baby's monthly growth is to make paper cutouts of numbers from 0-9 in different colours. Now find a well lit spot in your house where there is abundant natural light. Place the baby's cot in that spot, and then keep when the baby is peacefully asleep then that is your cue to bring out the camera. Keep the number corresponding to baby's age - 2 for 2 months and so on. Since the numbers are of the same size, the relative growth of baby will be quite visible in all 12 photos.
2. A panoramic photo collage, with all 12 pictures side by side and framed creatively will give a smashing effect to baby's month growth report. You can give it a cinematic-reel frame which will make it your baby's very own mini-movie.
3. Dress the baby in the same dress throughout all 12 months (buy extra clothes in different sizes if it comes to that) and click pictures with a meter scale next to it. That's is what we call simple and accurate progress of your little one's growth.
4. Get yourself involved in the photo as well. You are after all a proud parent. Since you are not expected to grow anymore but the baby is, it will show its relative progress and at the same time make for some amazing baby-mommy or baby-papa pictures.
5. If you do not have a lot of time (since you are a new mom) and are not the creative type of person, then sweat not and keep it extra simple. 12 pictures of your baby can be arranged in a 3x4 grid to make a uniform collage. That is also a good indicator of the baby's growth.
Automate backup & migration of your photos & videos with support for all top services.
Trusted by users in 125+ countries.
“Your pictures are scattered. PicBackMan helps you bring order to your digital memories.”