Fresh vegetables have always been an artist’s delight. The shape, colours, freshness...all have been captured numerous times by photographers and painters. Not only do they taste good, deserve the place of a photogenic models among all other food items.
It is also the first thing most aspiring food photographers shoot to get their basics right. They are easily available and all you need to do is take them out of the refrigerator and start clicking.
Take out your camera – point and shoot, or DSLR – and start capturing the fruits and leaves in all it’s glory.
1. Gather all the vegetables you want to photograph. You can have a theme going on, like shooting all green veggies only, veggies of a particular family, veggies that go into a particular recipe, or simply an assortment of colours and different shapes.
2. Wash all the vegetables and wipe them dry. This will remove any dirt or mud that may be clinging to the surface and give it a clean look.
3. Use natural light to shoot the vegetables. Never use camera flash as it gives a very unnatural look and distorts the colour. You can shoot next to a well lit window and use light fabric curtains to diffuse the light. This will give a soft light effect and reduce harsh shadows.
4. If you want to make your vegetables look a little more fresh, then you can try to spray a little cold water on it, or wipe the surface lightly will a dash of oil applied on a cloth.
5. Try arranging them in interesting setups. You can choose comparative poses, like a huge pumpkin sitting next to a football to give the idea of its size. Or you can cut some of it up and team it with the rest of it to give a new look. If you are good with knife work then you can carve interesting figures into the vegetables and shoot them in matching background – like carving a rose out of a tomato and photographing it next to a flower bouquet.
Quick Tip to Keep your Photos Safe
Making backups of your photos & videos is a chore you probably skip, but it really doesn't have to be hard. Here's an effortless way to backup photos - PicBackMan. PicBackMan is the easiest and simplest way to keep your photos safely backed up in one or more online accounts. Simply download PicBackMan (it's free!), register your account, connect to your online store and tell PicBackMan where your photos are - PicBackMan does the rest, automatically. It bulk uploads all photos and keeps looking for new ones and uploads those too. You don't have to ever touch it.
Automate backup & migration of your photos & videos with support for all top services.
Trusted by users in 125+ countries.
“Your pictures are scattered. PicBackMan helps you bring order to your digital memories.”