The unlisted gallery on SmugMug is the gallery that are hidden from the public on your SmugMug site and cannot be crawled by search engines. The site owner can share the unlisted galleries to the visitors by giving them a direct link. The link of unlisted gallery on SmugMug works as your phone number which has scramble number and letters at the end. It is an additional security option as there are less chances of someone getting the right number. Let’s check the process on how to share unlisted gallery on SmugMug and ease your work.
How to Share Unlisted Gallery on SmugMug?
- By creating Sharegroups, you can share multiple unlisted galleries with just one link.
- Only you (the site owner) and the recipient can see the Sharegroups.
- You can even protect your Sharegroup with a viewing password.
How to Create a Sharegroup on SmugMug?
- After logging in to your site, go to ‘Account Settings’.
- Navigate ‘Discovery’ button and click the ‘Sharing’ tab.
- On the Sharegroups line, click the ‘Manage’ button.
- Now, give your Sharegroup a name, easy-to-read Sharegroup URL, and a short description.
- If you want to lock your Sharegroup with a viewing password, the check mark the ‘Password protect this Sharegroup’ option.
- In case, you want your visitors to access to only certain galleries in the Sharegroup, then tick the second box ‘ Allow automatic access to Password-protected galleries that belong to this Sharegroup’.
- Now, save your new Sharegroup and you’ll be directed to the main list.
- On the right side of the list your can click any of the menu to tweak the setting of your Sharegroup.
- ‘Edit Galleries’ to choose the galleries you want to add in the Sharegroup.
- ‘Arrange Galleries’, after adding the galleries, you can arrange them in a way you want in the Sharegroup.
- ‘Edit Sharegroup’, to make changes in the Sharegroup.
- The Sharegroup will be visible only to the visitors who have access to it and have visited before.
This is the way to secure your photos and allow just a few visitors to view them.