SmugMug is the ideal page to upload your photos and videos, and keep them safe. It provides many preventive options to free you from copyright infringement and unauthorized printing issues. You can protect your images on SmugMug from any violation and share with people you wish to.
How to Protect Your Images on SmugMug?
- Disable Buying Prints
- SmugMug has ‘Shopping Cart’ option which enables ‘Buy/Add to Cart’ button on each gallery.
- To turn off printing, go to ‘Gallery Settings’ and turn the ‘Shopping Cart’ toggle ‘OFF’.
- Turn Off Social Sharing
- If you don’t want your visitors to share your photos on any social media, disable social sharing.
- Navigate ‘Gallery Settings’, click ‘Social’ button and turn ‘OFF’ the ‘Show Sharing Options’.
- Disable Access to Originals
- You can choose not to display your high resolution original picture on the site.
- In ‘Gallery Settings’, click ‘Photo Protection’ and select the image size you would like to display.
- Next, disable the ‘Right-Click Protected’ option. This still allows the user to right click but saves a blank image.
- Apply Watermark
- Applying watermarks on images larger than 800 pixels is another option to protect the photos.
- Select ‘Photo Protection’ tab in the ‘Gallery Settings’ and enable ‘Apply Watermark’.
- Turn Off Download
- This option is off when you create a new gallery. If you have turn it on before, then,
- Go to ‘Gallery Settings’, hit the ‘Photo Protection’ tab.
- Navigate ‘Download Buttons’ and turn it ‘OFF’.
In this way, you keep your images protected. You can change these gallery settings whenever you want.