SmugMug allows you to receive comments from your admirers and visitors. You might be looking for ways to manage these comments. Let’s have a look at this article where we discuss how to manage comments on SmugMug and more about it in detail.
How to Manage Comments on SmugMug?
- If you want your visitors to post comments on your photos and galleries, go to ‘Gallery Settings’, under ‘Social’ tab, turn the ‘Allow Comments’ section ‘ON’.
- You can also add a content block ‘Gallery Comments‘ on your Page, Folder, or Gallery.
- Go to ‘Add Content Blocks’ in the ‘Customize’ menu. Scroll down to see ‘Social’, from here, drag and drop the ‘Comments’ block on to wherever you want it to appear.
- You can put this block anywhere on the page, and manage its size and position.
- The ‘Comment’ block is not controlled by ‘Gallery settings’, and it automatically allows the visitors to comment on your page or gallery.
- Want to manage the comments before they appear on your site?
- Some comments might be promotional and not related to your work, you can approve or delete the comments before they are made public.
- For this, go to ‘Account Settings’ click ‘Stats’ to open ‘Comments’.
- You can view the ‘Details’ in the ‘Comments’ field and either approve or delete it.
- How to receive notification of the comments?
- You can receive the comment notification via email.
- In the ‘Account Settings’, go to ‘Me’ and you’ll see ‘Notifications’.
- Here, turn the ‘Comment Alerts’ tab ‘ON’.
- Who can comment on your SmugMug site?
- Your visitors must log in to post comments on your site (this protects your site from spammers).
- To leave a comments, a visitor can use either a SmugMug account, Facebook, or Google+.
SmugMug also allows the commentators to star rate your photos or galleries. The outline of five stars appear below the comment section, which your admirers can rate from one to five to shower all their love for your photos and awesome photographic skills.