Want to share and import photos from iPhone to PC? Confused about how to import photos from iPhone to PC? We’ve got you covered. When it comes to importing photos from iPhone to Windows PC, people often get confused because of the cross platforms. But the good part is that you can easily and quickly download and upload photos & videos between your iPhone and your Windows Pc with a fuzz. There are certainly several ways that can be highlighted, but here in this post, we would like to tell you how you can import photos from iPhone to your PC using the Windows Photo Gallery. For those who prefer the Windows interface, it is surprisingly easy to import photos from your iOS device onto your Windows computer. All you need to do is connect your iPhone to your Windows PC and follow the process given below:
Import Photos from iPhone to PC
- Make sure that you have downloaded iTunes for windows on your Pc and is updated to the latest version. In order to import photos to your PC, your iTunes must be updated to 12.5.1 or later.
- If you do not know how to download and install iTunes on Windows PC, please follow the process below. Or else you can proceed to the next step.
- Go to the Download iTunes page on your desktop computer.
- Click Download now.
- Click Save File on the screen that appears.
- Locate and click the iTunes setup file from your downloads folder.
- Click Run followed by Next.
- Click Install after choosing your iTunes preferences.
- Click Yes if asked “Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?” and “Do you want to allow the following program to install software on this computer?”
- Click Finish once the installation is complete.
- After you are finished downloading iTunes, connect your iPhone to your PC with the USB cable that came with your iPhone.
- You might need to unlock your iOS device using your passcode.
- You might also see a prompt on the iOS device asking you to ‘Trust This Computer’. Tap ‘Trust’ or Allow to continue.
- Now, depending on what version of Windows OS you are using, follow the process to import your iPhone photos to your computer.
Import photos to Windows Photo Gallery on Windows 10 PC
- Connect your iPhone to the PC with a USB cable. Make sure the phone is on and unlocked.
- Open the Photos app on your PC (select the Start button, and then Photos), select Import, and follow the instructions. It’ll automatically select new items you haven’t imported before, or you can choose what to import.
Import photos to Windows Photo Gallery on Windows 8 PC
- Connect a phone, camera, storage card from your camera, or external drive to your PC.
- Open the Photos app.
- Swipe in from the bottom edge to see the app commands.
- Select Import.
Note: Import isn’t available if you’re looking at a single picture in full-screen view.
- Select the device you want to import from.
- The app automatically searches for all photos and videos that it hasn’t imported before and selects them. You can also swipe down on or click each photo and video you want to import or select Select all.
- Select Import.
The photos and videos are saved in the Pictures folder in a subfolder named with the date.