How to Upload Photos from iPhone to Windows Computer?
Is your iPhone running out of space? You might have gone in photo clicking spree with your iPhone which comes with improved image quality and excellent resolution. Then, you see that space has exhausted. Fret not shutterbugs, you just need to know how to free the space. One of the ways is to transfer the photos from your iPhone to the computer. Most of you must be aware that iPhone pairs well with MacOS but for those who are using a Windows computer, we have the solution for you. This method not only helps you save space but also makes your photos readily and safely accessible whenever you want. So, let’s find out how to upload photos from iPhone to a Windows computer.
How to Upload Photos from iPhone to Computer With USB?
There are different ways to import your pictures by connecting to the different version of Windows PC. Check out which one matches with yours and keep the memory-filled photos safe.
Upload Photos from iPhone to Windows Computer via Photos App
The process of uploading pictures in the recent windows, such as Windows 8 and Windows 10 is almost similar. So, save the trouble and follow the process given below:
- Connect your iPhone and PC with a USB cable.
- The photos app launches automatically, if not, unlock your phone, and then open the program using the search bar on your Windows computer.
- Now, click the button in the upper right corner, which says ‘Import’ (a box with a downward arrow inside).
- The next step is to select the individual photos you wish to transfer into your PC and click continue in the lower-left corner.
- You can choose to delete the imported picture on your iPhone in the pop-up window result.
- Clicking import will automatically transfer your photos into main Pictures Folder.
- If you want to change the destination, click the blue link that says ‘Change where they’re imported’ to create a new destination.
- Once you are done, click the ‘Albums’ button which is accessible through the left-hand navigational panel.
- To view, share, or edit any of your recently-uploaded photos, select the ‘Last Import’ at the top.
Transfer Photos from iPhone to Computer with Windows Explorer
- Firstly, Connect your iPhone to the PC and open ‘My Computer’.
- Under the portable device section, click the iDevice icon to open your iPhone.
- Here, you’ll see the ‘Internal Storage’ icon, double-click to open it.
- A list of folders will appear, double-click on ‘DCIM’ folder that is your camera roll folder.
- You’ll see the photos you captured from your phone. Now, select the ones you want to transfer to your computer.
- Copy the selected photos and paste it into your desired folder on the PC.
How to Import Photos from iPhone to Windows Computer via AutoPlay?
The options to import photos with AutoPlay shows a slight difference in Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Transfer Photos from iPhone to Windows 7 with AutoPlay
- First of all, connect your iPhone to the computer with a USB cable.
- When the AutoPlay window appears, click on ‘Import Pictures and Videos using Windows’.
- Then, ‘Import Settings’ link will appear where you can decide the destination folder of your camera roll’s photos.
- For that, click the browse button next to the ‘Import to’ field.
- Once you decide the final folder, click ‘OK’.
Transfer Photos from iPhone to Windows 8 with AutoPlay
- After connecting your iPhone to the computer using a cable, wait for it to detect the device.
- Now, open ‘The PC’ and on the iPhone device icon, right click and select ‘Import pictures and videos’.
- Two options appear one after the other as:
- Review, organize, and group items to import
- Import all new items now
- Choose the first option, if you are transferring photos for the first time. And, if you have done it before, you can select the second one.
- After that, click ‘More options’ link to decide the folder where you want to transfer.
- Now, click ‘OK’ and then ‘Next’ button. After selecting the picture you want to upload, click the ‘Import’ button.
Well, these are the quick and best ways to upload your photos to the windows computer. Now, you can go on clicking the best pictures of your life and save those moments to cherish over and over again.