Are you dreaming for your SmugMug site to feature on page one of the Google’s search results? Then, you have landed to the right place. You have to know and understand few things to feed and impress Google. Find out how to make SmugMug site findable by search engines, so you can show off your work and talent to the whole world.
How to Make SmugMug Site Findable by Search Engines?
The foremost thing that you have to do to make SmugMug site findable by search engines is to check your site visibility settings.
- Log in to your account.
- Go to the ‘Account Settings’, click the ‘Discovery’ tab, navigate ‘Site Visibility’.
- Set the ‘Google Search Visibility’ and ‘SmugMug Search Visibility’ into ‘Yes’.
- You can make use of SmugMug’s custom URL feature that lets you place the most searched words (related to the theme of your photos) in page titles and URLs.
- For example, you have a gallery name ‘Travel Photography’ and contains folder called ‘Live to Travel’, then the URL appears as www.example.com/live-to-travel/travel-photography.
- For filling the ‘Homepage Meta Description’, go to ‘Account Settings’.
- Under the ‘Discovery’ tab and fill the ‘Homepage Meta Description’ for about 140 characters to display in the search results.
- Also, fill out the ‘Homepage Meta Keywords’ to make your homepage easily searchable on Google.
To improve the visibility of your site on Google’s search results, you can try the following things.
- Put links to your site from high-credibility sites that are relevant to yours. Links from your own blog also helps.
- Stop overusing of meta keywords.
- Do not repeat words in your URL or page title.
- Google won’t be able to see your password-protected or unlisted galleries.