Picasa in a Digital photo & video organizer designed to organize and edit digital photos and videos. It is a photo sharing website as well. Picasa was originally created by Lifescape, Inc. in 2002. It was later acquired by Google in 2004. Picasa offers an array of features to its users. Right from importing, to tracking, facial recognition, tagging, sorting and several editing facilities. Picasa allows you to organize, edit and share photos online.
Uploading photos & videos to Picasa is really easy. Here’s how
1. Login to Picasa with your Google email address and password.
2. Choose any existing album or create a new one if required..
3. Click on “Add photos”.
4. Click on “Select photos from your computer”
5. Select the photos you want to upload and click on “Open”. You can select multiple photos to upload to Picasa. Just hold “Ctrl” button on your keyboard as you click on the photos you want to upload. You can also drag-and-drop photos from your computer.
6. The images will be uploaded. If you upload large quantity of photos, The process may slow down. The speed depends on your internet connection.
7. Once uploaded, then you can edit captions if you wish to.
8. Click ok when done.
You can adjust Picasa settings to control which file types are displayed in your Picasa Library. Picasa for Windows supports the following file types:
1. Photos : .jpeg, .tif, .tiff, .bmp, .gif, .psd (Photoshop), .png, .tga, andselected RAW formats.
2. Videos :
For general playback in Picasa: .mpg, .mod, .mmv, .tod, .wmv, .asf, .avi, .divx, .mov, .m4v, .3gp, .3g2, .mp4, .m2t, .m2ts, .mts, .mkv. For several of these file types, the correct software is required for playback.
For use in Movie Maker: .avi, .asf, .wmv, .mpg, .m2t, .mmv, .m2ts
3. Audio : (for slideshows and the Movie Maker): .wma and .mp3
1. Add a ‘SmugMug’ button to your Picasa account. So that you can directly upload Picasa photos to your SmugMug galleries.
2. Click hereto download ‘picasa2smugmug.pbz’ file and Click yes when it ask if you want to install a button:
3. Add the button within Picasa:
4. Select photos from your Picasa album that you want to upload to Smugmug. Then click the teal ‘SmugMug button’. You’ll be asked to login to your SmugMug account.
5. Fill in your account information.
6. Select an existing SmugMug gallery, or create a new one to upload photos from Picasa.
7. Click the upload button and you’re done. You have successfully uploaded your picasa photos to SmugMug.
As such there is no direct way to upload photos from Picasaweb to your Facebook account. However, you can do it through Picasa desktop software.
1. Once you have installed the Picasa uploader on your machine, login to your Facebook account & download Picasa uploader for Facebook.
2. Install the Picasa Uploader Plug-in : Click ‘Install Plug In’. A dialog box launches, which says, ‘Launch Picasa and Import Buttons’. Click ‘Yes’. You would see Picasa launch in the pop up window. On the left hand side of this pop up window you’ll see a section named ‘available buttons’ that includes ‘Facebook button’. Highlight it and click ‘Add on the middle column. Hit ‘OK’. Exit Picasa & reopen the application. At the bottom of the screen, you will now see a ‘Facebook’ button.
3. To upload photos from Picasa to Facebook,
a) Open the folder on Picasa that you wish to upload to Facebook. Click on the photos to upload. Once you have selected all the photos that you want to upload to Facebook, click on the Facebook button. A pop up dialog asks you to log into Facebook. Log in.
b) once you have filled all the necessary information, click Upload.
c) Now go to your Facebook Homepage and on the right hand side just below requests you’ll see a notification saying ‘1 Pending Album’ Click on it and approve them.
Take help of third party tools and application that migrate Picasa photos to Facebook.
Like other cases directly migrating Picasa(web) photos to Flickr is not possible.
1. You need Picasa desktop software (installed with Flickr button and plug-ins) to upload photos from Picasa(web) to Flickr.
2. Simply download & install ‘Picasa to Flickr’ plug-in. Add a Flickr button.
Note: In order to use this Flickr Button, ‘Flickr Uploadr’ software must be installed on your PC.
3. Once you’ve Flickr Uploadr installed, clicking on “Send To flickr!” button will launch it. Sign in and upload any image to Flickr immediately through this tool.
If this sounds complicated, download any other Third party Flickr uploader that directly migrates your Picasa photos to your Flickr account.
Picasa has a limitation to directly upload photos to Dropbox or any other cloud storage service. In order to upload photos from Picasa to Dropbox, one has to download all the photos to computer and then upload them to Dropbox.
As such, you can not directly transfer photos from your Picasa account to your Skydrive / Onedrive. The only workaround you can do is to save the files/photos to your computer and then upload it to your SkyDrive / Onedrive. Or you may search for tools and applications for uploading to Skydrive / Onedrive. These applications can directly upload Picasa photos to your Skydrive / Onedrive Account.
Transferring photos from Picasa to Google Drive directly is not possible without using a third party photo uploader. Or for that matter a migrating application or a tool that can upload photos from your Picasa account to your Facebook account.
A nightmare(ish) situation is when you have about 1000s of photos to backup and all you have is a slow internet connection and even slower photo uploader. Avoiding such a scenario or as we call the ‘photo backup nightmare’ is entirely in your hands. Download PicBackMan for Picasa and get rid of backup anxiety.
PicBackMan is the best and probably No.1 Picasa bulk uploader that backs up 1000s of photos and videos to your Picasa account, whether its the SmugMug Free Account or SmugMug Pro Account. PicBackMan is the best available solution to upload photos and videos from SmugMug to various other photo storing and photo sharing services.
1. It facilitates bulk upload photos and videos to Picasa : PicBackMan helps you to bulk upload 1000s of photos and videos to your Picasa account and automatically manages the monthly limits and other aspects so its effortless for you.
2. Moving photos from Picasa to Smugmug is dead easy using PicBackMan : Moving photos from Picasa to SmugMug? Then all you need is PicBackMan. Install, connect your Picasa and SmugMug accounts and PicBackMan does the rest. All your photos will be migrated from Picasa to Picasa almost automatically.
3. PicBackMan allow users a quick download from Picasa to your computer : Want to make a copy of photos in your Picasa account? Trust it on PicBackMan. Simply choose the folder on your computer or local NAS and PicBackMan systematically downloads all the photos from your Picasa account to your local computer.
4. PicBackMan truly automates the whole Photo & Video Backup process: With PicBackMan, once you associate the parent Photo and Video folders and include all sub-folders, PicBackMan constantly monitors for new photos or videos that appear and automatically backs them up, without any effort on your part.
5. PicBackMan allows you to easily manage multiple Picasa accounts : With PicBackMan Premium, you can connect two or more of your Picasa accounts and backup or bulk upload photos and videos to either of those accounts seamlessly.
6. With the help of PicBackMan you can easily move photos and videos from picasa to Flickr : Moving photos from Picasa to Flickr? Then all you need is PicBackMan. Install, connect your Picasa and Flickr accounts and PicBackMan does the rest. All your photos will be migrated from Picasa to Flickr without spending 100s of hours or pulling your hair!
7. You can move photos and videos from Picasa to SkyDrive
8. Move photos and videos from Picasa to Dropbox
9. Move photos and videos from Picasa to Box
10. Move photos and videos from Picasa to Photobucket
11. Move photos and videos from Picasa to Facebook
12. Move photos and videos from Picasa to Google Drive