How to Backup iPhone Photos Using iTunes?
You can easily backup iPhone photos using iTunes, to your Windows computer or a Mac computer. The only difference is that the Mac treats the iPhone like a digital camera, and Windows can treat the iPhone as either a digital camera or a file system, depending on how the photos are accessed. Below we’ve got a basic how-to guide to backup iPhone photos to your Windows computer as well as Mac computer using iTunes.
Backup iPhone Photos to PC with iTunes
- Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes.
- Connect your iPhone to a PC. Use the USB cable that came with your device.
- Open iTunes.
- Click on the iPhone icon. It will appear in the upper-left corner of the iTunes window.
- Click on ‘Photos’. It’s in the left pane of the window.
- Click on ‘Sync Photos’. It appears near the top of the right pane.
- Choose to sync all photos or selected albums.
- Select “Include videos” to sync the videos from your app or folder too.
- Select a folder. Do so in the dialog box that pops up, then click OK.
- Click on ‘Apply’. It’s in the lower-right corner of the window. Doing so saves the sync options you’ve selected.
- Click on Sync. It’s in the lower-right corner of the window. The syncing process will begin.
Note: DO NOT unplug your phone while the photos are transferring.
Backup iPhone Photos to Mac with iTunes
The most commonly used method to transfer iPhone camera roll to Mac is iTunes. While you can sync your camera roll with your computer or Mac automatically, you can do that manually as well.
Note: Launch iTunes on your computer. Make sure that you have updated iTunes to the latest version.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer and select the device icon.
- Look for ‘Photos’ on the left.
- Click on the box next to the ‘Sync Photos’.
- Select the folder from which you want to sync the photos.
- Click “All Folders” or “Selected Folders”.
- Click on ‘Apply’.