Black and white pictures have a classic charm which still attracts photographers even though technology gave us colour photography decades ago. Landscape, as well as portraiture photographs of your kids, would bring out results in black and white which would amaze you!
So here are some basic photography tips on how moms can shoot amazing black and white pictures of their children. Basics of photography apply here as well but just remember some extra points.
1. Visualize the photo you want to click, in black and white. Just close your eyes and pay attention to lines, light and shadow. Not all colour pictures look great in black and white, so this little exercise helps before you set about clicking.
2. Photographers will tell you that the best black and white photos usually have some area of the photo that is near to pure white, and some portion of the photo that is near black. It is this increased contrast in a photo that adds interest to the composition of the frame.
3. When shooting around reflective and shiny surfaces like water, use a polarizer to cut the reflections of the sun’s light. For example, while shooting the playfulness of your kids on the beach, spectacular highlights can be achieved by removing the colour.
4. Long exposures work best with black and white. You will be surprised how a picture looks in black and white though it may not look impressive in colour.
5. Shooting in black and white should not be an alternative for bad lighting. But there are times when this technique can come to your rescue.
Automate backup & migration of your photos & videos with support for all top services.
Trusted by users in 125+ countries.
“Your pictures are scattered. PicBackMan helps you bring order to your digital memories.”