We are living in an era where a camera is not just a camera, a mp3 player is not just a player, a wrist watch is not just a watch and a mobile phone is not just a phone. These days, mobile cameras can be found in all these devices and various other variety of devices. Out of all the options listed above, phone cameras are the most fastest growing segment in in digital camera industry. Today we see, most of the top-end mobile brands like Apple, Nokia, Samsung, Sony, iBall etc. provide cell-phones equipped with above average digital cameras.
The only disadvantage we see in these built-in digital cameras is the absence of zoom. Smartphone cameras might have the ability to zoom-in and zoom-out but unlike the point-and-shoot camera the lens doesn't physically move to zoom-in or zoom-out (known as optical zoom).
Here we have some tips you can consider while using your phone camera to snap a better picture.
1. Move close to your subject. Instead of using your phone camera's zoom function, moving closer to the subject is a better option. So it is always better to click 100% zoomed out photo and crop later as required. This way the photo quality is retained.
2. Shoot in enough light. Lighting conditions are very important element of mobile photography. If you subject is lit well, you'll be able to click better pictures. If you have sufficient light to work with, you'll able to capture a clear picture.
3. Shoot first and edit later : You should shoot in high resolution. High resolution keep your options open to edit later. However, you can also apply built-in effects and filters to your pictures. But, editing them later on your computer with the help of an editing software is a better option.
4. Avoid using digital zoom: The cameras in your phone offer a digital zoom. Which means that the lens does not move physically to bring the subject closer, rather it crops the full screen resolution. You must avoid zoom function because in return you'll get a smaller and unclear picture. Using camera zoom is compromising with the image quality.
5. Take loads of Shots and Experiment : The best way you can master the art of mobile photography is practice & experiment. Experimenting with your camera function & settings is the best lesson to learn photography.
Automate backup & migration of your photos & videos with support for all top services.
Trusted by users in 125+ countries.
“Your pictures are scattered. PicBackMan helps you bring order to your digital memories.”