Google Photos is a cloud service that allows you to upload unlimited videos in low resolution and in the original quality using the allotted storage. If you want to keep your videos private, you can definitely trust Google Photos, because your videos are kept private unless you choose to share them. With all these features, Google Photos turn to be a good cloud storage.
Follow the steps to Upload Videos from Desktop to Google Photos:
- You need to download the desktop uploader. Once you visit the page, you’ll be given a brief introduction of the service. Once done, Click on the ‘Desktop Uploader’ on the left hand panel to download the installer..
- Launch the installer, agree to the conditions of the service and log in to ‘Google Photos’ with your Google Account ID.
- The uploader, on a pop-up window, would now ask you for the various directories to be uploaded. It would come up with some selected directories. You can uncheck the ones you don’t want to upload. You can even add more, clicking the ‘Add’ option.
- On the same window, you’ll have to select the resolution in which you want your videos to be uploaded. You can upload unlimited videos, by checking the ‘High Quality’ setting, with some compression of size. If you do not pay Google, for the storage on the Drive, this is the only option for large collection of videos. You can also upload the videos in ‘Original’ quality, which would drain out space from your Drive.
- Hit ‘Start Backup’ button on the right bottom corner to start the upload. The time for upload would be dependent on the amount of videos being uploaded. Your videos would remain private unless you decide to share them.