Dropbox is a cloud storage and file synchronization service which allows you to upload photos, videos and important files to access them from anywhere. It offers 2 GB of free storage space to all its users. You can upgrade your free 2 GB account to a paid monthly subscription plan for more storage space. It offers 100GB space for $9.99/month, 200GB space for $19.99/month and 500GB space for $49.99/month.
You can upload a RAW file to your Dropbox account. But, it will take more space and more time to upload. You can convert your Raw file into .jpeg file format which is supported by Dropbox. Dropbox allows you to open and preview files directly from the browser.
Following are the image file extentions that are supported by Dropbox: .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .tiff and .tif, .gif, .bmp, .ai and .psd.
Here are the steps to Upload Photos to Dropbox:
- Go to https://www.dropbox.com/ & sign in to your account. If you don't have an account, then create one.
- Click "Upload" button located at the top of the menu bar.
- A pop-up window opens up. Click "Choose File" button.
- Select the photos which you want to upload.
- Click "Start Upload" button to upload your photos.
- You have another option to upload the photos i.e "Drag-and-drop". Here you can simply drag your photos directly from your computer to a location into Dropbox.
Quick Tip to Prevent Photo loss Nightmare with PicBackMan
In the case of losing irreplaceable memories like treasured family photos, it can even be heartbreaking. Luckily, with PicBackMan backing up your photos to multiple services and cloud accounts is easier than ever before. PicBackMan can save you from the absolute disaster of losing your photos by safely backing them up in one or more online accounts. Simply download PicBackMan (it's free!), register your account, connect to your online store and tell PicBackMan where your photos are - PicBackMan does the rest, automatically. It bulk uploads all photos and keeps looking for new ones and uploads those too. You don't have to ever touch it.