DropBox is an online cloud storage service. DropBox allows you to backup photos, videos & files to access them from anywhere. Dropbox has a feature "Automatic photo uploads" that allow users to automatically upload files, photos & videos to its cloud storage service. It was previously available on Android and iOS devices but recently it was made available on Windows & Mac devices too. Using the "Automatic photo uploads" feature you can upload photos & videos to Dropbox in just few clicks.
Following are steps to upload photos from Windows 8 to DropBox:
1. Install "Dropbox Windows 8 app" on your Windows 8. It creates a folder on your systems hard disk. The folder is named "Dropbox".
2. Go to https://www.dropbox.com/ & sign in to your account. If you don't have an account, then create one.
3. Browse your photos on your Windows 8.
4. Click "Upload" button located at the bottom right corner on your windows 8.
5. You will see a status at top right corner on your windows 8, this means your photos are syncing with Dropbox.
6. Your uploaded photos will be automatically sent to a new folder called "Camera Uploads."
You can install PicBackMan's Dropbox uploader for Mac from the website and start backing up photos and videos.
Quick Tip to Keep your Photos Safe
Making backups of your photos & videos is a chore you probably skip, but it really doesn't have to be hard. Here's an effortless way to backup photos - PicBackMan. PicBackMan is the easiest and simplest way to keep your photos safely backed up in one or more online accounts. Simply download PicBackMan (it's free!), register your account, connect to your online store and tell PicBackMan where your photos are - PicBackMan does the rest, automatically. It bulk uploads all photos and keeps looking for new ones and uploads those too. You don't have to ever touch it.