Dropbox is a free cloud storage service. Dropbox offers 2GB of free storage space, which is pretty useful for storing photos, videos and documents. Dropbox allow users to create a special folder (Dropbox folder) on each of their computers for storing their files, photos & videos. Changes made to one Dropbox folder (on your computer) will reflect in other Dropbox folders (on other computers) as well. This is done via Dropbox automatic sync.
Here are the steps to upload photos from computer to Dropbox:
1. Install "Dropbox desktop application" on your computer. It creates a folder on your systems hard disk. The folder is named "Dropbox".
2. Browse through your photos on your computer & simply drag-and-drop them to Dropbox folder.
3. Go to https://www.dropbox.com/ & sign in to your account. If you don't have an account, then create one.
4. Click "Upload" button located at the top of the menu bar.
5. As soon as you click upload, a pop-up window opens up. Click "Choose File" button & select the photos files on your computer (that you want to upload). You can choose as many photos as you want or you may also select an entire photo folders to upload.
6. Click "Start Upload" button to automatically upload your photos.
Tip: Each file you upload through the website must be 10 GB or less.
You can install PicBackMan's Dropbox uploader for Mac from the website and start backing up photos and videos.
Automate backup & migration of your photos & videos with support for all top services.
Trusted by users in 130+ countries.