Don't want to share the regular 'Squared' Instagram photos? That's okay, you can share the Instagram post as portrait or landscape. Here's how
- Once you've selected a photo or video from your phone or tablet's photo library, you can choose to share it as a portrait or landscape instead of a square:
- Tap the 'scale' icon (circle with diagonal corners) to switch the photo from a square to a portrait or landscape.
- You can touch the screen to move the photo and adjust how it fits within the frame. Use the grid to help you frame the photo.
- Tap Next to apply effects or a filter.
- Once you share it, the photo or video will appear as a portrait or landscape in Feed. You can share photos and videos with aspect ratios between 1.91:1 and 4:5.
Note: In grid view on your profile, photos shared as a portrait or landscape will appear as a center-cropped square.