By turning off Photo Stream / My Photo Stream, you are turning off the default behavior of the iDevice camera where all photos you click are automatically sent to a photo stream. You can still share photos through email, iMessage, Facebook or other options, but no photo stream. Here's how you can turn off Photos Stream:
- Tap on iCloud.
- Tap on Photos.
- Turn off the switch for Photo Stream.
- Optionally, turn off Photo Sharing.
- Open Settings.
- Scroll down and tap on Photos & Camera.
- Turn off My Photo Stream.
- Optionally, turn off Photo Sharing
Turning off Photo Sharing will prevent any photo being shared through Photo stream.