Read through and find out how you can capture those eye-catching photos using just your Smartphone camera. Carrying a point and shoot camera is not always feasible. However, carrying a smartphone is lot more easy and affordable. Smartphones these days have above average built-in cameras. Smartphone camera is no less than any point n shoot camera.
So, whenever you sight something that has to be captured, just take out your phone and start shooting. Chances are that you might also have installed some photo apps on your smartphone to enhance your photos. Apps like, Instagram, Camera 360 etc. allow you add those dramatic effects and filters to the photos you click.
If you want to know what techniques would make your photos stand out of the rest, here are some tips for you.
1. Work with natural light : Natural light is best for your photos.It brings out natural colors and textures. It also save you from post-editing / processing tasks.
2. Avoid Flash if you can : Whether to use a flash or not is an important decision. If you are shooting in a dark location then you might use it, but if you are shooting at a location where you have sufficient light, then you might avoid it. Extensive use of flash erases all textures and washes out the colors. If it doesn't work out well, then you can give your phone's HDR feature a try. The HDR feature will produces a brighter photos for you.
3. Try out different angles : Your Phone's camera sensors are hyper-sensitive. A little shift in the angle might just work best for your photos. As such there's no general rule, but you have to try different angles before you finalize one.
4. Take multiple shots : Photography experts always advise you to take multiple shots of the same subject from different angles. Later you can choose the best one.
5. Don't zoom : Your Smartphone camera might have the ability to zoom-in and zoom-out but unlike the point-and-shoot camera the lens doesn't physically move to zoom-in or zoom-out (known as optical zoom. Your phone actually crops the full resolution photo (digital zoom) which results in small and unclear photo. So it is always better to click 100% zoomed out photo and crop later as required. This way the photo quality is retained.
Quick Tip to Prevent Photo loss Nightmare with PicBackMan
In the case of losing irreplaceable memories like treasured family photos, it can even be heartbreaking. Luckily, with PicBackMan backing up your photos to multiple services and cloud accounts is easier than ever before. PicBackMan can save you from the absolute disaster of losing your photos by safely backing them up in one or more online accounts.
Automate backup & migration of your photos & videos with support for all top services.
Trusted by users in 125+ countries.
“Your pictures are scattered. PicBackMan helps you bring order to your digital memories.”