You can now share your SmugMug photos privately with the people of your choice. Doing this, you keep your SmugMug galleries inaccessible to other casual visitors on your site. This feature is available to SmugMug power and SmugMug up accounts. People having a basic SmugMug account will need to upgrade in order to use this feature.
Here's how SmugMug Power & Up users can use this feature to share SmugMug photos privately
- To set up this special access for friends, family, or clients, youâ€™ll need to enable private sharing for a gallery.
- Go to the gallery you want to share privately, then click Customize > Gallery Settings in your header toolbar.
- Alternatively, you can change your galleryâ€™s settings from within the Organizer.
- Just select the gallery, folder, or page you want to share privately and click Settings in the Organizer toolbar.
- Select the Security & Sharing tab, then navigate to the Access dropdown menu to select â€œPeople I Choose.â€
- Once you select â€œPeople I Choose,â€ a new box will appear: Invite People. Enter the email addresses of anyone you would like to invite to view your photos. Currently, you can invite up to 200 people to privately view each gallery, folder, or page.
- Separate email addresses with commas if youâ€™re entering several addresses at once.
- Once youâ€™ve entered everyone you want to share with, click Save. Youâ€™ll see a pop-up notice appear letting you know that invitation emails have been sent to the people you entered.