When you setup iCloud Photo Library on your Windows PC running Windows 7 or later, it enables you to upload new photos and videos from your Windows PC so you can view them in the Photos app on your iOS devices like iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and your Mac, and also on iCloud.com. Here's how you set up iCloud Photo Library on your Windows PC.
- Download iCloud for Windows
- Open iCloud for Windows.
- Next to Photos, click Options.
- Select iCloud Photo Library.
- Click Done, then click Apply.
- Turn on iCloud Photo Library on all of your Apple devices.
- You can also choose to use My Photo Stream and iCloud Photo Sharing, and customize the location of your upload and download folders.
- After you turn on iCloud Photo Library, you can add iCloud for Windows to your status bar to see the progress of your uploads and downloads. Right click on the status bar in Windows Explorer and enable iCloud for Windows.
Note: When you turn on iCloud Photo Library on your PC, My Photo Stream is turned off automatically. If you want to send new photos to your devices that don't use iCloud Photo Library, you can turn My Photo Stream back on.