The problem these days is not making a collage, but to select photos for it from a sea of pictures which we click almost daily. Digital cameras and smartphones have made it possible to click photos whenever we want. So which ones are the best photos for a picture collage?
The nice thing about collages is that each photo will bring back a different memory of an emotion, an event, or even a place. One memory always seems to lead to another memory, so you really don't need a photo of every event. Select the ones which tell a story and can is related to that event.
Also, make sure those pictures are of good quality and not just random clicks. As far as possible, go for candid photos. Select a few in which there is a possibility of extracting a cutout of a person or object, which can be used individually to overlap on another photo. This way, your space will be saved and you can accommodate another photo in it’s entirety.
Need more tips on how to select photographs for a picture collage? Here they are:
1. Photos you select for the collage must be in focus. Slightly blurry photos can be used in small size but not images with significant blurriness.
2. Photos prints should have little or zero damage, as they can be restored by a professional photo studio.
3. You must pick one or two pictures that are good and are also your favourite. These can be used in a bigger size compared to rest of the pictures..
4. Try to select as many high resolution photos as possible. This will give you the freedom to work with them in a better way.
5. Colour correct all your photos before you start making the collage. Correct red-eye, exposure, crop the photo, make cutouts if needed, and only then start piling photos onto your collage board.
Automate backup & migration of your photos & videos with support for all top services.
Trusted by users in 125+ countries.
“Your pictures are scattered. PicBackMan helps you bring order to your digital memories.”