Eating out on the street is one of the most rewarding experience. The hustle-bustle of life combined with great food makes it a truly delicious moment. Clicking food photos in that busy time is not very different from food photography as it follows the same basic rules.
There are however a few tips to make your images look as yummy as your objects. These are in addition to the usual photography tips which people follow while shooting food.
1. Click photos of food in shade and not in direct sunlight as it makes everything look stark and extra bright. Go out on a cloudy day preferably so that the subtle lighting will serve the purpose.
2. Take close-ups of food and their ingredients, which are usually visible to the public in case of street food. All vendors would be happy to let you take a peep at the ingredients and spices. Clicking photo with them as a prop makes for a beautiful picture.
3. Street food is all about people enjoying their meals on the road, literally. So include people too in your images as this gives a human touch. You can take close-ups, for example, a burger in a random person’s hand, or a child about to bite into a sandwich.
4. Since you can’t put a fancy twist to the food, as you might have done at home, so pay attention to the background. Look for an angle so that the background does not suppress the food item on display.
5. Minimize distractions. Do not include things or people in your frame which are irrelevant and simply add noise to a photo.
Automate backup & migration of your photos & videos with support for all top services.
Trusted by users in 125+ countries.
“Your pictures are scattered. PicBackMan helps you bring order to your digital memories.”