Digital cameras and smartphones have made it possible for us to click everything and anything that catches our fancy. And it does not have to be a specific event, something as mundane as what you had for lunch or the raindrops on your window capture a person’s imagination.
Organizing photos in a way which makes your computer clutter-free is very important. First of all you must delete all those pictures which are of poor quality. That is the first step to de-clutter your memory space and organizing photos offline (on your computer or hard disk).
All those photos which are out of focus, blurry or too dark to make any sense, must go. After that, offline organization of photos is not that difficult a task.
1. Organize by chronology, which means folders should be sorted according to date, month and year. That is the fundamental way in which photos should be organized. Digital cameras allow you to store date, time and other useful data along with the photo (this info is usually hidden). A good photo organizing software will detect the date and organize the photos in that manner.
2. If you are not using any photo organizing cum editing software, and sticking to the age old method of copying photos to folders in your computer, then at least rename the folders properly. For example, your friend’s birthday party’s photos can be better saved as “Jack’s Birthday Mar 2012” or “20120309 Jack Birthday”. This way, the folder name will give you all the details you need to know.
3. Download some good photo organizing software like Aperture, Picasa, Lightroom et al, in which you can not only sort photos into different folders, but can also edit those pictures.
4. You can organize photos using iPhoto which is a basic photo organizing and editing program which comes with all MacBooks. This is a user-friendly way of organizing your albums and photos.
5. ALWAYS, yes, always make a backup of your photos. You can either copy them onto an external hard disk so that there is always an extra copy in case something goes wrong, or make a backup online on any photo storage websites with good memory space.
Quick Tip to Keep your Photos Safe
Making backups of your photos & videos is a chore you probably skip, but it really doesn't have to be hard. Here's an effortless way to backup photos - PicBackMan. PicBackMan is the easiest and simplest way to keep your photos safely backed up in one or more online accounts. Simply download PicBackMan (it's free!), register your account, connect to your online store and tell PicBackMan where your photos are - PicBackMan does the rest, automatically. It bulk uploads all photos and keeps looking for new ones and uploads those too. You don't have to ever touch it.
Automate backup & migration of your photos & videos with support for all top services.
Trusted by users in 125+ countries.
“Your pictures are scattered. PicBackMan helps you bring order to your digital memories.”