Photobucket is one of the most widely used photo and video hosting website. It provides you the links of your photos and videos. You can use those links for profile image or avatars displayed on internet forums, embedding on blogs, storage of videos and sharing to social networking sites. It allows you to backup photos in full resolution. You can upload photos to Photobucket directly taken from a camera, phone or computer without resizing or compression. It allows you to upload photo file types such as .jpg, .gif, .jpeg, .png and .bmp. If you want to move photos from SmugMug to Photobucket, then download them to computer and then upload to your Photobucket account.
Following are the steps to Move Photos from SmugMug to Photobucket:
- Go to http://www.smugmug.com/ & sign in to your account.
- Click "Organize" button located at top of the window.
- You will see all your photo and video galleries.
- Open the photo gallery and select the photos which you want to download.
- Click "Download" button located at top of the photo gallery.
- Select "Download Image" option.
- Your browser prompts you to save .zip file, then click "Save" and specify a location to download. The downloaded zip file will contain the photos from the Smugmug.
- Your photos will now be downloaded to computer.
- Go to http://photobucket.com/ & sign in to your account. If you don't have an account, then create one.
- Click "Upload" button located at top of the window.
- A "Upload from:" window opens up. You will see "Upload to" option.
- You will see 2 options, "Create a new album" or "Your Bucket".
- Select any one of the above 2 options. If you select "Create a new album" option, then enter album name, description and click "Create" button to create a new album.
- Click "Choose photos & videos".
- A "File upload" window opens up. Select the photos which you want to upload.
- Click "Ok" button.
- You have another option to upload the photos i.e "Drag-and-drop". Here you can simply drag your photos directly from your computer to a location in your Photobucket.
- This is how you can move photos from SmugMug to Photobucket.
You can install PicBackMan's Photobucket uploader for Mac from the website and start backing up photos and videos.