Picasa Web Album is an image hosting and sharing web service provided by Google. Google offers 15 GB of free storage space to all its users that is shared between Picasa Web, Gmail and Google Drive. You can rent an additional storage space through a paid monthly subscription plan. Picasa web allows you to create an album, delete albums, organize photos in folders and albums, manage duplicate photos, copy or move photos to a new album, sorting photos, zoom in on a photo and much more. These features are not available on OneDrive. Picasa is a better option to organize your photos. To learn how to move photos from OneDrive to Picasa, check out steps below.
Here are the steps to Move Photos from OneDrive to Picasa Web:
- Go to https://onedrive.live.com & sign in to your account.
- Once you are signed in to your account, you will see all your photo and video albums.
- Open the photo album. You will see a checkbox at the top right corner when you mouse over the photos.
- Select the photos which you want to download.
- Click "Download" button located on the menu bar or you can "Right click" & select the "Download" option.
- You will be prompted to save the .zip file. Choose the location where you wish to save the downloaded file.
- Your photos will now be downloaded to computer.
- Go to https://picasaweb.google.com/ & sign in to your account. If you don't have an account, then create one.
- Click "Upload" button located at top of the window.
- A "Upload Photos and Videos" window opens up.
- You will see 2 options, "Create a new album" or "Add to an existing album".
- Select any one of the above 2 options.
- Click "Select photos from your computer".
- A "File upload" window opens up. Browse & select photos which you want to upload.
- Click "Ok" button.
- If you want to upload more photos then click "Upload more" button located at bottom right of the window.
- You have another option to upload the photos i.e "Drag-and-drop". Here you can simply drag your photos directly from your computer to a location in your Picasa web account.
- This is how you can move photos from OneDrive to Picasa Web.
You can install PicBackMan's Picasa uploader for Mac from the website and start backing up photos and videos.