Google Drive is a cloud storage service which is used to store photos, videos, and files online and shares them from anywhere on any device. It allows you to save a Web page as a PDF, recover document versions, preview files, create surveys and invitations, research almost anything, add apps to increase productivity, update spreadsheets and much more. It offers 5 GB of free storage space to all its users. If you need more storage space, then you can buy a storage plan. If Google Drive storage plans have changed, but you want to stay on your old plan then you can as long as you want. If you are looking for a step by step process to move photos from OneDrive to Google Drive, read below. There are two ways to move photos from OneDrive to Google Drive i.e. using PicBackMan and the other from the Onedrive website:
A. Using PicBackMan:
- On Accounts tab, associate your OneDrive and Google Drive accounts .
- Go to Migrate tab and click on â€˜Choose Account to Migrateâ€™ button. Now select OneDrive from the drop-down list of associated accounts and click save.
- In order to migrate photos to Google Drive account, select the check Google Drive corresponding to Google Drive icon.
- Now click â€˜Migrateâ€™ button that you see at the bottom of the window.
- All your OneDrive photos will now be migrated to your Google Drive account.
B. Using OneDive website:
- Go to https://onedrive.live.com & sign in to your account.
- Once you are signed in to your account, you will see all your photo and video albums.
- Open the photo album. You will see a checkbox at the top right corner when you mouse over the photos.
- Select the photos which you want to download.
- Click "Download" button located on the menu bar or you can "Right click" & select the "Download" option.
- You will be prompted to save the .zip file. Choose the location where you wish to save the downloaded file.
- Your photos will now be downloaded to the computer.
- Go to https://drive.google.com & sign in to your account.
- Click "Create" button located on the left side & select "Folder" option. Specify a folder name for your photo album. This is the folder where your photos will be uploaded.
- Click on the folder you created. click "Upload" button located next to the create button to upload photos.
- Select "File" option.
- A "File upload" window opens up. Browse & select photos that you want to upload.
- Once your photos are successfully uploaded, you will be prompted with a message that says "Upload complete".
- You have another option to upload the photos i.e "Drag-and-drop". Here you can simply drag your photos directly from your computer to a location on your Google Drive.
- This is how you can move photos from OneDrive to Google Drive.
You can install PicBackMan's Google Drive uploader for Mac from the website and start backing up photos and videos.