OneDrive or SkyDrive is a popular cloud backup service that is used to backup photos, videos and important files online. It understands the importance of each photo and save the one it thinks are the most useful. OneDrive is using geo-location data for photos which are uploaded onto the service. It will automatically display a map of the tagged location. Flickr is not a cloud backup service. It is a photo and video sharing website where you can capture photos and videos to access them from anywhere and share with others. Flickr has a powerful search technology which understands time, date & geo-location. If you want to move photos from Flickr to OneDrive, you need to download them from Flickr to computer and then upload them to OneDrive.
Here are the steps to Move Photos from Flickr to OneDrive:
- Go to https://www.flickr.com/ & sign in to your account.
- Click "You" button located at the top of the window.
- You will see all your photos & videos.
- Click the photo, you will see it in full size.
- Click "..." (3 horizontal dots) located at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Select "View All sizes" option.
- Choose the size which you want to download and then click the link in the 'Download' section.
- Your browser prompts you to save .zip file, then click "Save" and specify a location to download. The downloaded zip file will contain the photo from the Flickr.
- Your photos will now be downloaded to computer.
- Go to https://onedrive.live.com & sign in to your account. If you don't have an account, then create a Microsoft account.
- Once you are signed in to your account, you will see a set of Microsoft services at the top. Select "OneDrive".
- You will see 2 options "Create" & "Upload".
- Click "Create" button & select "Folder" option. Specify a folder name (name of your photo album) to upload photos.
- Click on the folder you created.
- Click "Upload" button located in the top menu bar to upload photos to this folder.
- A "File upload" window opens up. Browse & select photos which you want to upload.
- This is how you can move photos from Flickr to OneDrive.
You can install PicBackMan's SkyDrive uploader for Mac
from the website and start backing up photos and videos.