OneDrive (previously SkyDrive) is a cloud storage and file synchronization service where you can backup photos, videos, and files to access them from anywhere on any device. You need to sign up for a Microsoft account to use OneDrive. It gives you the access to Outlook, Bbox Live and other Microsoft services. It offers 15 GB of free storage space to store photos, videos, and files. Dropbox is also a famous cloud storage service where you can backup photos, videos, and documents. It offers 2 GB of free storage space to all its users. Moving photos from your Dropbox account to OneDrive account is easy. In just a few steps you can easily move & backup photos to OneDrive.
A. Using PicBackMan
- On Accounts tab, associate your Dropbox and OneDrive accounts .
- Go to Migrate tab and click on ‘Choose Account to Migrate’ button. Now select Dropbox from the drop-down list of associated accounts and click save.
- In order to migrate photos to OneDrive account, select the check box corresponding to OneDrive icon.
- Now click ‘Migrate’ button that you see at the bottom of the window.
- All your Dropbox photos will now be migrated to your OneDrive account.
B. Via Dropbox website:
- Go to https://www.dropbox.com/ & sign in to your account.
- Select the photos which you want to download.
- Click "Download" button located at the top of the window.
- Your browser prompts you to save .zip file, then click "Save" and specify a location to download. The downloaded zip file will contain all the photos from the Dropbox album.
- Your photos will now be downloaded to the computer.
- Go to https://onedrive.live.com & sign in to your account. If you don't have an account, then create a Microsoft account.
- Once you are signed in to your account, you will see a set of Microsoft services at the top. Select "OneDrive".
- You will see 2 options "Create" & "Upload".
- Click "Create" button & select "Folder" option. Specify a folder name (name of your photo album) to upload photos.
- Click on the folder you created.
- Click "Upload" button located in the top menu bar to upload photos to this folder.
- A "File upload" window opens up. Browse & select photos which you want to upload.
- This is how you can move photos from Dropbox to OneDrive.