If you want to move photos and videos from Google Photos into Google Drive folder on computer, then you need to turn ON the setting that creates a Google Photos folder in your "My Drive" folder. To do so, sign in to your Google Drive account using web browser and click "Gear" icon located at the top right corner. Select "Settings" option and tick the box located next to "Automatically put your Google Photos into a folder in My Drive" and then click "Done" button. If you delete a photo or videos from Google Drive, that will also be deleted from Google Photos and vice-versa.
Here are the steps to Move Photos and Videos from Google Photos into Google Drive Folders on Computer:
Quick Tip to Backup your Digital Photos & Videos
- Go to https://drive.google.com & sign in to your account.
- Click "Gear" icon located at the top right corner of the window.
- Select "Settings" option.
- Check mark the box located next to "Automatically put your Google Photos into a folder in My Drive".
- Click the arrow located next to "My Drive".
- Select the "Google Photos" folder.
- Your photos and videos will be organized into folders which are grouped by year.
- Select the photos and videos which you want to move.
- Click "Options" (3 vertical dots" icon located at the top right corner on the screen.
- Select "Move to" option.
- Choose the folder where you want to move your photos and videos.
- Click "Move" button.
- This way you can move photos and videos from Google Photos into Google Drive folders on computer.
If you have treasured photographs, or you take photos or videos of everything you like, you won't want to lose them. So, what is the best way to backup photos or videos
on an ongoing basis? In the back of your mind, you know you need to backup all of your photos or videos
. But where do you start? Here's how to backup your digital life: PicBackMan is the easiest and simplest way to keep your videos safely backed up in one or more online accounts. Simply download PicBackMan (it's free!), register your account, connect to your online store and tell PicBackMan where your videos are - PicBackMan does the rest, automatically. It bulk uploads all videos and keeps looking for new ones and uploads those too. You don't have to ever touch it.