Flickr is the photo sharing website run by Yahoo. Flickr allows you to backup photos & videos, organize, edit and share them to social networking sites. Picasa is an image organizing & photo sharing website. Flickr & Picasa both are good places to backup photos & videos. Both are easy to use and are accessible from anywhere in the world. Flickr allows you to resize and compress photos before you upload. Flickr organizes your photos into 'sets' or 'albums'. Picasa allows you to create an album to store your photos & videos. You can migrate photos from Flickr to your Picasa account using computer. In just few steps you can easily save & backup photos to Picasa.
Here are the steps to to Migrate Photos From Flickr to Picasa:
- Go to https://www.flickr.com/ & sign in to your account.
- Once you have signed into your account, click "You" button located at the top of the window.
- You will see all your photos & videos.
- Click the photo, you will see it in full size.
- Click "..." (3 horizontal dots) located at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Select "View All sizes" option.
- Choose the size which you want to download and then click the link in the 'Download' section.
- Your browser prompts you to save .zip file, then click "Save" and specify a location to download. The downloaded zip file will contain the photo from the Flickr account.
- All your photos will now be downloaded to computer.
- Go to https://picasaweb.google.com/ & sign in to your account.
- Once you have signed into your account, click "Upload" button located at top of the window.
- A pop-up window "Upload Photos and Videos" opens up.
- You will see 2 options, "Create a new album" or "Add to an existing album".
- Select any one of the above 2 options.
- Click "Select photos from your computer".
- "File upload" window opens up. Browse & select photos that you want to upload.
- Click "Ok" or if you want upload more photos then click "Upload more" located at bottom right of the window.
- You have another option to upload the photos i.e "Drag-and-drop". Here you can simply drag your photos directly from your computer to a location in your Picasa web account.
You can install PicBackMan's Flickr uploader for Mac from the website and start backing up photos and videos.