If you want to transfer all of your photos, videos and files to a new Dropbox account or combine two Dropbox accounts which have different content, then you can use simple manual merging method. Let's assume that account A is the account from where you want to copy the content and account B would be the second account where you want to place all the merged content.
If you do not know how to Unlink Computer from Dropbox Desktop Application, then you can follow the link provided here.
Here are the steps to Merge Your Two Dropbox Accounts:
- Download and install "Dropbox Desktop Application" on your computer. It creates a folder on your systems hard disk. The folder is named "Dropbox".
- Go to https://www.dropbox.com/ & sign in to your account.
- Make sure to verify that "Selective Sync" is not enabled.
- Sync all of your account A's content to a computer.
- Once your account A is done syncing, you can unlink it.
- Login with your Dropbox account B and choose "Install" option.
- If you are merging two personal accounts, then rename the Dropbox folder of account A as "Dropbox (Old)" and account B will now be using the new "Dropbox" folder.
- Browse "Dropbox" folder for account A located in your computer and open it.
- Browse "Dropbox" folder for account B & open it.
- Copy or move the files from "Dropbox (Old)" folder (account A) to the new "Dropbox" folder (account B).
- If you get a message that "There is already a file named '.Dropbox' in your new Dropbox folder", then choose "Don't copy" option.
- Once you have finished copying or moving all the content to Dropbox folder of account B, then the merge will be completed.
Quick Tip to ensure your Photos never go missing
Photos are precious memories and all of us never want to ever lose them to hard disk crashes or missing drives. PicBackMan is the easiest and simplest way to keep your photos safely backed up in one or more online accounts. Simply download PicBackMan (it's free!), register your account, connect to your online store and tell PicBackMan where your photos are - PicBackMan does the rest, automatically. It bulk uploads all photos and keeps looking for new ones and uploads those too. You don't have to ever touch it.