The world is going green in every aspect, so why should scrapbooks be left out of it? Isnâ€™t it our duty to take care of the environment after all?
Making an eco-friendly scrapbook is not a very drastic step towards saving the planet, but these tiny gestures will matter at the end of the day. Mothers can use this opportunity to make their kids understand the need to care for the environment.
So let us all start small. Whatever it is that you are planning to make a scrapbook about, follow these simple pointers and you would surely make mother earth proud.
1. Use recycled paper: Instead of going for glossy and expensive paper, go for handmade or recycled paper. They might not look as good as their shiny counterparts, but they certainly will serve a good purpose.
2. Recycle embellishments: Since recycled paper might not come with designs printed on it, you will have to take care of that department on your own. Use old greeting cards or magazine covers to cut out decorative figures to use on your pages.
3. Flowers and leaves: Go old school and use dried flowers and leaves, pressed for a couple of weeks in a heavy book, to decorate the cover of scrapbook. Browse through such decoration options on Pinterest to give your scrapbook a unique touch.
4. Avoid plastic: Do not use plastic in any way in the entire scrapbook layout.
5. AEconomical layout: Do not splurge on the layout. If something can be done in two pages without compromising the design, then do that instead of using 4 pages for the same.
Quick Tip to Prevent Photo loss Nightmare with PicBackMan
In the case of losing irreplaceable memories like treasured family photos, it can even be heartbreaking. Luckily, with PicBackMan backing up your photos to multiple services and cloud accounts is easier than ever before. PicBackMan can save you from the absolute disaster of losing your photos by safely backing them up in one or more online accounts
PicBackMan is a free photo/video uploader that helps you to keep your memories backed up to your favorite online services.
Users in 130+ countries have backed up.
... an excellent job of uploading more then 300GB of photos to 2 different services
I have a large collection of photos and videos to upload on some of my storage account and I was looking for an application that can do it all automatically, and that it did especially well. I found a definitive answer to my needs thanks to this amazing program and that it is constantly improving whith new fantastic features.
PicBackMan was really easy to setup and has been running for 3 days now backing up all my locally saved photos to Flickr. My photos are really valuable to me so it's great to be able to have them easily backed up to a secure location.
PicBackMan was an answer to many a prayer. How can I get this MASSIVE collection of photos onto a service that cripples uploading? PicBackMan. I uploaded approximately 85,000 photos in less than a month. It would have taken me close to a year to get all of those photos where they needed to go. Nothing short of brilliant.
LOVE this program! Works better than ANY other program out there that I have found to upload thousands of pictures WITH SUB-FOLDERS to SmugMug! Thank you so much for what you do! :) #happycustomer
Your pictures are scattered. PicBackMan brings order to your digital memories. ...
PicBackMan automates the process of uploading pictures to multiple photo storage sites.
Top rated photo backup application.
It's easy, convenient and can handle thousands of pictures at once.