A photo collage of some of the most cherished photos of your mother’s life can be a perfect gift for you Mom this Mother’s day. The personal value attached to such a gift is huge and mothers always love that.
It shows that you not only care but also how much you remember about her likes and dislikes. And making a photo collage is always fun and is pocket-friendly as well. It can be a zero budget thing if your mom is tech savvy. You can simply use a software or a website to make a collage online and present it to her on a social networking site or send it across personally on her email or smartphone.
However, if your mom is the typical old-school mom, then you can order a print of the collage and get it framed.
1. Collect around 8-10 photos of your mom in a folder and use a photo editing software to colour correct them. These photos can be from different time frames like her childhood, her college, a wedding picture, and photo of her doing something fun.
2. For making a photo collage, you can either download one of the many free softwares, or use an online tool (a website) to make a collage.
3. Select a size and resolution for your collage depending on how many photos you are using. Try not to go beyond 10 photos. A high resolution of 300 for printing an 8x10 collage is a smart option to begin with.
4. Start making your collage now. You can either make your own layout or select a layout template from the software. Choose one photo to be the holding photo which you can use in a size bigger than other photos which will act as a centre of gravity of your collage. Add titles, captions, clip arts etc.
5. Add a nice Mother’s day message for your mommy and save your creation. Order a print on a good quality paper and get it framed. And voila! Your mother’s day gift is ready. Quick Tip to Keep your Photos Safe
Making backups of your photos & videos is a chore you probably skip, but it really doesn't have to be hard. Here's an effortless way to backup photos - PicBackMan. PicBackMan is the easiest and simplest way to keep your photos safely backed up in one or more online accounts. Simply download PicBackMan (it's free!), register your account, connect to your online store and tell PicBackMan where your photos are - PicBackMan does the rest, automatically. It bulk uploads all photos and keeps looking for new ones and uploads those too. You don't have to ever touch it.