Picasa Web s used to backup photos and videos, also organize and share them with family and friends via email. It provides you the link to share your photos and videos with others. You can share that link via email. It allows you to create a slideshow of all the photos in an album. To create a slideshow, click 'Link to this Album'. When you click on this link, you will get a an option to format your slideshow. You can choose the size of the slideshow i.e. 'Large' or 'Medium'. You can also choose to show the photo captions. Once you have selected these options, you will get a code. Copy and paste the code in the yellow box to your website.
Following are the steps to Move Photos from Google Drive to Picasa Web:
- Go to https://drive.google.com & sign in to your account.
- Click "My Drive" button located at the left side of the window.
- You will see all your photos & videos.
- Click the checkbox(es) next to the photos which you want to download.
- "Right click" the selected photos and select "Download" option.
- Your browser prompts you to save .zip file, click "Save" and specify a location to download. The downloaded zip file will contain the photos you selected from Google Drive.
- Click "Download" button.
- Your photos will now be downloaded to computer.
- Go to https://picasaweb.google.com/ & sign in to your account. If you don't have an account, then create one.
- Click "Upload" button located at top of the window.
- A "Upload Photos and Videos" window opens up.
- You will see 2 options, "Create a new album" or "Add to an existing album".
- Select any one of the above 2 options.
- Click "Select photos from your computer".
- A "File upload" window opens up. Browse & select photos which you want to upload.
- Click "Ok" button.
- If you want to upload more photos then click "Upload more" button located at bottom right of the window.
- You have another option to upload the photos i.e "Drag-and-drop". Here you can simply drag your photos directly from your computer to a location in your Picasa web account.
- This is how you can move photos from Google Drive to Picasa.
Quick Tip Before you Move Photos from Google Drive to Picasa
Photos are precious memories and all of us never want to ever lose them to hard disk crashes or missing drives. PicBackMan is the easiest and simplest way to keep your photos safely backed up in one or more online accounts. Simply download PicBackMan (it's free!), register your account, connect to your online store and tell PicBackMan where your photos are - PicBackMan does the rest, automatically. It bulk uploads all photos and keeps looking for new ones and uploads those too. You don't have to ever touch it.
You can install PicBackMan's Picasa uploader for Mac from the website and start backing up photos and videos.