Google Drive is a cloud storage service which was released on April 24, 2012. Google Drive is the best cloud storage option. Google offers you 5GB of free storage space to backup photos, videos and documents. Google drive allows you to manually download photos to a different location on your computer. The maximum download file size is 2 GB. If the file size is larger than 2 GB, you will see a message with list of files that are not included in the zip file.
Following are the steps to Download Photo folder from Google Drive to Computer:
- Go to https://drive.google.com & sign in to your account.
- Once you have signed into your account, click "My Drive" button located at the left side of the window.
- You will see all your photos & videos.
- Click the checkbox(es) next to the photo folder that you wish to download.
- Click "More" button located at the top of the window.
- Select "Download" option.
- Your browser prompts you to save .zip file, click "Save" and specify a location to download. The downloaded zip file will contain the photos from the Google Drive.
- Click "Download" button.
- Your photo folder will now be downloaded to computer.
You can install PicBackMan's Google Drive uploader for Mac from the website and start backing up photos and videos.