Instagram is an online mobile photo and video sharing service which was launched in October 2010. It allows you to upload, download, edit and share photos and videos with others on your mobile phones. But, you can not download photos and videos directly from Instagram to Mac. If you want to download Instagram photos and videos to Mac, then you can use third-party apps such as Picbackman.com, Instaport and much more. Or, you can download your photos by using 'Inspect Element'option. Before you select "Inspect Element" option, make sure that you have checked or selected "Show Develop menu in menu bar" from Preferences on your Mac.
Here are the steps to Download Instagram Photos to Mac:
- Go to http://instagram.com/ & sign in to your account.
- Once you have signed in to your account, you will see all your photos & videos.
- Right-click the photo which you want to download.
- Select "Inspect Element" option.
- You will see the link to download that photo. Right-click the link and select "Edit as HTML" option.
- You will see the URL. Select the URL from 'http:// to .jpg'.
- Right-click the URL and select "Copy" option.
- Copy the link & open it in your new tab.
- Right-click the photo & select "Save Image As" option.
- A pop-up window opens up. You will see "Export As" option.
- Rename the photo and click "Save" button.
- All your photos will now be downloaded to Mac.
Quick Tip to ensure your Photos never go missing
Photos are precious memories and all of us never want to ever lose them to hard disk crashes or missing drives. PicBackMan is the easiest and simplest way to keep your photos safely backed up in one or more online accounts. Simply download PicBackMan (it's free!), register your account, connect to your online store and tell PicBackMan where your photos are - PicBackMan does the rest, automatically. It bulk uploads all photos and keeps looking for new ones and uploads those too. You don't have to ever touch it.