Instagram doesn't allow you to delete multiple photos in one go. As there is no easy way to delete multiple photos at once, you can work around a bit to make the whole process somewhat easy and it will also help you save some time.
Understand the limitations of Instagram. There is currently no way to select multiple photos and delete them all at once. You have to manually delete each photo using the Instagram app, no matter which way you go about it. That being said, you can use your computer to make deleting each photo through the Instagram app a little easier.
- Open your Instagram profile on your computer. Browse through your available photos and mark them to delete. Doing this on a computer is far easier than doing it on your phone or tablet. To open your Instagram profile on computer enter https://instagram.com/yourusername.
- Login with your Instagram account. You'll need to be logged in with your Instagram account in order to proceed with marking your images.
- Open each picture you want to delete. For ease, open each one in a new tab in your browser by holding Ctrl and clicking the picture. You can also right-click an image and select "Open in a new tab". This will open each image in a separate tab.
- Add a unique hashtag to all of the images you want to delete. Come up with a hashtag that isn't being used by anyone else, and add it to each image you want to delete. For example, you could add "#removetheseASAP" to the Comment section of each one. This will allow you to quickly search for all of the photos with this hashtag in the app.
- Open your Instagram app. After you've marked your images with your unique hashtag, log into the Instagram app on your mobile device. You can only delete images using your mobile device.
- Search for your unique hashtag. Open the Search section of the app and switch the search to "Hashtags". Type in the unique hashtag you created and all of the images you marked will appear.
- Start deleting photos. Tap the first photo on the list. Scroll down and tap the Options (...) button. Tap Delete, and then tap Delete again. Repeat this for each photo that you want to remove.