If you use Instagram a lot, you'll want to make sure that you get the notifications that you want, and not get overwhelmed with those you don't. You can control which types of notifications you receive from within the Instagram app itself, while you can toggle settings on or off app-wide from your device's Settings app. You can also choose to enable notifications for specific people so that you never miss a post from your favorite users.
- Open your Android phone settings. Here you can adjust notification preferences for your Instagram app. You can find the Settings app in your app drawer.
- Tap "Apps" or "Application manager." This will load a list of all of the apps installed on your Android device.
- Select Instagram from your list of applications. This will display your Instagram app settings.
- Tap the "Show notifications" box to toggle Instagram notifications on or off. Unchecking this box will prevent Instagram from showing any notifications. Enabling it will allow the notifications you've chosen in Instagram to appear.
- If you don't see this box, tap the "Notifications" button instead and then toggle "Block" on or off.