Google Drive is a virtual file sharing service provided by Google. Google Drive allows you to upload, share and access your photos, videos & important files from anywhere. Google Drive offers 5 GB of free storage space. Google Drive offers software applications for Windows, Mac OS X, Android devices & iOS devices. Google Drive allows you to create a special folder (Google Drive folder). Anything you put in this folder will automatically be uploaded to your Drive or anything added to your Drive will be synced with this folder. You need to install Google Drive for your windows pc to backup photos to Google Drive.
Here are the step to install Google Drive on Windows PC & backup photos to Google Drive:
- Go to https://drive.google.com/ & sign in to your account. If you don't have an account, then create one.
- Click "Install Drive for your computer" below the list of Drive views located at the left side of the screen.
- Click "Install Drive for PC" button.
- Your browser prompts you to save "googledrivesync.exe" file, then click "Save" button.
- Open googledrivesync.exe to automatically install and start Google Drive on your PC. (You may receive a warning that Google Drive is an application downloaded from the Internet. Click 'Open' button.)
- Enter your Google Account username and password. This will be the account associated with Google Drive for your PC.
- Complete the installation package instructions.
- Launch Google Drive on your PC from the Start menu.
- Drag files and folders into your 'Google Drive' folder to begin syncing items to My Drive (part of Google Drive on the web).
- Here you can simply drag your photos directly from your computer to a location in your Google Drive to backup photos.
You can install PicBackMan's Google Drive uploader for Mac from the website and start backing up photos and videos.