AWS Management Console allows you to create a bucket to add an object to it. An object can be any kind of file such as photo, video, text file and more. When you add a photo to Amazon S3, you have the option of including metadata with the file and setting permissions to control to the file. If you are looking for a step by step process to backup photos from computer to Amazon S3, read below.
Following are the steps to Backup Photos from Computer to Amazon S3:
- Go to https://console.aws.amazon.com/s3/home & sign in to your account.
- Click the name of the bucket that you want to upload photos.
- Click "Upload" button.
- A "Upload - Select Files" wizard opens up.
- To upload an entire folder, click "Enable Enhanced Uploader" to install the necessary Java applet. You only need to do this once per console session.
- Click "Add Files" button.
- A file selection dialog box opens up.
- If you enabled the advanced uploader, then you will see a Java dialog box titled "Select files and folders to upload". If not, you will see the "File Upload" window associated with your operating system.
- Select the photo which you want to upload.
- Click "Open" button.
- Click "Start Upload" button.
- This way you can backup photos from computer to Amazon S3.