Each one of us knows the importance of backing up their devices, specially phones, laptops and computers. Ironically more than 60% of us do not get around it pretty well. Be it because of the time it takes, or because of the complexities involved. We have tons of excuses for why we not backup our phone, laptops and computer.
What will happen if you loose all the data which is there on your phone? or Laptop? You will loose every photo that you've been saving since ages, every home video that you have been making, all the music that you have been collecting and you'll loose all those important documents too.
So what is the solution? We know it very well, that backup is the only solution for it. No matter how busy you are or how hectic the process is, You have to develop a schedule or habit to backup your devices.
We have heard people talking about their photo and video backups. There are people who regularly backup their photos stored on their phone.There are 100s of application that you can use to automatize the backup process, or once set up, you can do it manually too.
Following we will discuss How to backup photos from Blackberry to Dropbox. The DropBox service and application allow you to backup photos from your BlackBerry to a secure server, and synchronize that data with any PCs on which you have DropBox installed.
First you need to download an install Dropbox Application on your Blackberry device. To do so, follow the steps below:
1. Open your Blackberry browser and open this URL. https://www.dropbox.com/blackberry/download
to download: Dropbox for BlackBerry.
2. Once the download and installation completes, reboot (restart) your Blackberry device by selecting the option from the list that comes up.
3. Once you have restarted your device, navigate to the 'Downloads' folder. by pressing 'Menu' button from the home screen.
4. Here, in the 'Downloads' folder you will see the Dropbox icon.
5. Click to open the application. It will asks you if you are "Already a Dropbox User" or "New to Dropbox". If you are new to Dropbox, you'll have to create an account by providing details like First Name, Last Name, Email and Password .
6. When you log in to Dropbox for the first time, you'll be asked if you want to save your photos to Dropbox. You can choose to save all your photos and videos or only new ones.
7. Now Dropbox will backup your images when you're connected to WI-FI.
You can install PicBackMan's Dropbox uploader for Mac from the website and start backing up photos and videos.
Quick Tip to ensure your Photos never go missing
Photos are precious memories and all of us never want to ever lose them to hard disk crashes or missing drives. PicBackMan is the easiest and simplest way to keep your photos safely backed up in one or more online accounts. Simply download PicBackMan (it's free!), register your account, connect to your online store and tell PicBackMan where your photos are - PicBackMan does the rest, automatically. It bulk uploads all photos and keeps looking for new ones and uploads those too. You don't have to ever touch it.