Working with iMovie at times get difficult and all messed up. Sometimes it is so cumbersome and hectic to get your videos from iPhone to display under your iMovie. However, they show up on your Mac desktop and in your iPhoto folder as well. But definitely NOT in iMovie folder.
You'll be pleased to know that the process is exactly the same as you import videos from your digital camcorder. If you are struggling to get your iPhone videos to show up under 'Imovie', do the following:
- With the help of data cable that came along, connect your iPhone to your Mac with iMovie open.
- The import window opens and will display all video clips on your iPhone.
- Select the ones that you want to add to iMovie Folder, and then click the appropriate import button you see on screen.
- On the left side, You see a switch that reads 'Automation' on top and 'Manual' at the bottom, If you wish to import selected videos, switch it to 'Manual'
- On the right side, there are two buttons that you see i.e. 'Done' and Import All (in case of automatic) or Import Select in case of 'Manual'
- Click Import 'Selected' and instantly a sheet / window opens up. This sheet contains 'Import options within iMovie’s Import window'. Just specify if you want to impost selected video clips to an existing event or want to create a new one.
- Just when you are done making changes to all the fields specified, click 'Import' button.
- When all the clips are imported, iMovie will generate thumbnail images for all imported video clips.