Dropbox allows you to share a photo or video folder with others. You can send invitation to others to view your folder or vice versa. If someone has invited you to a shared folder, then you can join it by accepting the invitation. To learn how to accept a shared folder invitation, and how to request access to a shared folder, check out the steps below.
Here are the steps to Accept a Shared Folder Invitation:
- Go to https://www.dropbox.com/ & sign in to your account.
- Once you have signed in to your account, click "Sharing" located at the sidebar on the left.
- Click "New shared folder invitation" link located at the top of the page.
- A pop-up window opens up.
- Click "Accept" button located next to the shared folder which you want to join.
If you click a shared folder invitation and you're directed to request access, the folder owner may not yet have given you access. You will need a verified email address to complete your request.
Here are the steps to Request access to a Shared Folder:
- Click the invitation link that you received.
- Click "Request access" button located on the page.
- If you have more than one Dropbox account, you will get a message "Which Dropbox do you want to use to request access?"
- Select which account you would like to accept the shared folder.
- Your request will be sent to the folder owner.
- You will get notification if the owner accepts your request.